Hello, after having used bash for 8 years i've switch to zsh. Boy, what a difference :-) But one of the things i missed was a 'help' builtin function. So I took the liberty to add it to zsh, I used version 4.0.7 for it. How it works: It just prints out the files in /usr/share/zsh/help/ when the help builtin is used. The path is currently hardcoded. I've just looked at the sources for a few hours, so a lot of stuff in my patch will be not in the zsh-way of doing it. If there is interest in this patch I will of course fix that. Todo: o program more in zsh style (remove hardcoded paths) o identation is wrong o make a help help work o write doc for help o port it to latest development version of zsh Patch is attached (against 4.0.7). Is this considered usefull? thanks, grtz Miek Oh btw, i'm not subscribed to the workers ML, only to the zsh-users ML. -- "So long, and thanks for all the fish." -- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy