zsh-workers
From: DervishD <raul@pleyades.net>
To: Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com>
Cc: Zsh Workers <zsh-workers@sunsite.dk>
Subject: Re: 4.0.8 stills thinks Linux hasn't /dev/ptmx
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:59:04 +0100	[thread overview]

    Hi Peter :)

 * Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com> dixit:
> >     I've downloaded Zsh 4.0.8 and in Src/Modules/zpty.c, /dev/ptmx is
> > only used if one of __SVR4, sinix or __CYGWIN__ is defined.
> This isn't something we'd fix on 4.0.8, anyway, which is now being
> declared dead.  (At least, if 4.0.8 compiles; I'm on holiday after
> tomorrow, so it would be a good idea to tell me before.)

    OK, don't worry because this is not urgent, at least I have the
old mechanism working on Linux (on any Linux, I suppose). This
definitely can wait.

    I haven't build 4.0.8 yet, so I cannot tell if it builds, but
certainly this problem didn't prevent it from building in the past,
so no reason for failing exist now, neither.

> It's certainly a possibility for 4.1.  It will required testing for
> grantpt, unlockpt and ptsname, which seem to be present but undocumented
> (anywhere that I can see), thought chances are they're basically
> POSIX-compatible.  So ideally it should be done by someone who knows
> what they're doing.

    I'm not able to write the autoconf recipes, sorry, and I'm not an
ptmx expert O:), but if I can lend a hand, just tell me.

    Happy holidays :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736