On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:56:18PM +0100, DervishD wrote: > Maybe PTY handling is the problem, but if I run the test as you > say, the test is indeed more verbose but hangs anyway :( It stops at: > > comptestinit -z $ZTST_testdir/../Src/zsh && > { > mkdir dir1 > mkdir dir2 > touch file1 > touch file2 > } > > Don't know why 'comptestinit' stops there :?? > > BTW, I have /dev/ptmx AND /dev/ptyp? so the test shouldn't fail > even if zsh thinks I don't have the PTY multiplexer :? Hi, I've got rather similar problem with pty handling (zpty). Last year I pached zsh to use "native" glibc calls (getpt(3) and so on) and posted a patch to this list. The patch was non-portabe, though. What is the output of the following commands with zsh you've built? zmodload zsh/zpty zpty job1 date zpty -r job1