zsh-workers
* Re: [7087] 4.2.0-pre-1
       [not found] <20040227172236.GA22597@lorien.emufarm.org>
@ 2004-02-27 18:10 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2004-02-27 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Danek Duvall wrote:
> Is there going to be any effort to incorporate into 4.2 Clint's patch in
> workers/16845, to link the libraries that only a module (and not the
> main zsh binary) depends on only to the module and not the zsh binary?
> It looks to me like the mail thread there had a little discussion, no
> real problems were found, but then it was dropped.

It used widely available but not necessarily universal `make'
extensions.

I certainly don't have any time to take on yet more configure
commitments myself, it's up to Clint.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.

* Re: [7087] 4.2.0-pre-1
@ 2004-02-28  6:52   ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2004-02-28  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

> It used widely available but not necessarily universal `make'
> extensions.

> I certainly don't have any time to take on yet more configure
> commitments myself, it's up to Clint.

I'll take a stab at forward-porting it.  I suppose I can try to test
whether make(1) supports 'include', '.include', or neither, and trying
to cope with the situation.

* Re: 4.2.0-pre-1
@ 2004-02-28  7:36     ` Danek Duvall
From: Danek Duvall @ 2004-02-28  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clint Adams; +Cc: Peter Stephenson, Zsh hackers list

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 01:52:36AM -0500, Clint Adams wrote:

> > It used widely available but not necessarily universal `make'
> > extensions.
>
> > I certainly don't have any time to take on yet more configure
> > commitments myself, it's up to Clint.
>
> I'll take a stab at forward-porting it.  I suppose I can try to test
> whether make(1) supports 'include', '.include', or neither, and trying
> to cope with the situation.

Was there anything wrong with Bart's suggestion to just copy the
necessary rules directly into the generated Makefile?

Danek

* Re: 4.2.0-pre-1
@ 2004-02-28 15:13       ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2004-02-28 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danek Duvall, Peter Stephenson, Zsh hackers list

> Was there anything wrong with Bart's suggestion to just copy the
> necessary rules directly into the generated Makefile?

I'm not sure how to get the Makefile dependencies correct in that case,
but otherwise it could work.