On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:21:14PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote: > Paul Ackersviller wrote: > > cc: "configure", line 9234: error 1584: Inconsistent type declaration: "gettimeofday". > > cc: "configure", line 9234: error 1584: Inconsistent type declaration: "select". > > It should show the failed program, too --- you should have a chunk > beginning: > > configure: failed program was: > > Without this we don't have enough to go on. I've attached the portion in question of my config.log -- I don't understand why it appears to be trying signatures of char (*)(). > We desperately need developers (or at least configure experts) with > access to HPUX and AIX. Otherwise we're stuck with tricks like: I'm far from a configure expert, but I'd be willing to do what I can. However I have no AIX access, only HP-UX 11.11 and 11.00 (although the latter box may not stay around long). BTW, I tried dynamic-loading some pieces of zsh, which is by default all configured off on HP-UX. It looks to work on 11.11. > #ifdef __hpux > #undef HAVE_SELECT > #undef HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY > #define HAVE_SELECT 1 > #define HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY 1 > #endif > > which is horrible but might at least work. (If you want to try it, > stick it at the end of Src/system.h and see if it now configures and > builds from scratch.) Yes, this does, but when resorting to that wouldn't it be best to make it version-specific? Unfortunately I don't see any suitable macros. > By the way, it's possible the same problem exists with HAVE_POLL: it > should use poll() as an alternative to select(). No, it seems to be finding poll() alright, although I editted that portion out of the attached log file.