zsh-workers
From: Paul Ackersviller <pda@freeshell.org>
To: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@sunsite.dk>
Subject: Re: 4.2.0-pre-3; HP-UX
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 04:27:54 +0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:17:58PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> > Anyway, my current experience is that --disable-dynamic causes zsh/zpts
> > to get turned off, but after I add that as static all the tests pass up
> > to Y.  All three of the Y tests merely hang -- should I dig into this
> > more?  It sounds the same as what someone else reported recently.
>
> This is almost certainly a problem with the pty module.  Again, only
> digging around with that on HP-UX will make a difference.

Yes, I understand that dynamic loading on HP needs some work, and I'd
be willing to help out on that as time allows.  But in the interests
of getting the current code configuring better out-of-the-box, might
there be an easy way to disable tests (automatically by default)
which depend on modules that aren't built?