On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 07:43:35PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote: > +qualnonemptydir(char *name, struct stat *buf, off_t days, char *str) Here's a minor optimization for this function. It avoids reading the directory if the st_nlink count is greater than 2 (since this must mean that it has subdirs, and hence is not empty). I decided to move the opendir() call down below this nlink test, so I had to pre-qualify the name using S_ISDIR(). I believe that this is portable. Any objections/hesitations? ..wayne..