On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 11:07:36AM -0400, Hugo Haas wrote: > Attached is an attempt at doing this. It seems to work, though I only > enabled it for the gnu case. I tried your patch, and it ignored targets that had dependencies (since it only matched a colon at the end of the line). Here's my attempt at a zsh-only verson of _make. It not only follows include files, but it expands variables too. I tried to make it handle both gnu and non-gnu include files, but I assume that the ".include <...>" form needs more code to handle where the include really resides. Since the patch was larger than the new _make script, I'm just attaching the new _make script here. Give it a try and see how you like it. Also, feel free to suggest how to improve it (for instance, I'd like to know if the eval statements can be replaced with something else). ..wayne..