zsh-workers
* prompt and prompt_cr option
@ 2004-10-09 15:17 Jordan Breeding
From: Jordan Breeding @ 2004-10-09 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

I have run into the problem several times of having lines of output in
the shell that don't have a newline and having the prompt overwrite
them.  I did find the `setopt nopromptcr` solution but I also like
having multiline editing always work correctly.  I thought that I would
try and solve both problems with the following:

setopt nopromptcr
prompt='%(1l,\n,)%! %n@%m %0~ > '

but that didn't seem to do the trick.  Is there a way to force zsh to
check to see if the last character that was printed was a newline and
if it wasn't to just print one before it issues the carriage return?

Jordan