On Friday 11 March 2005 14:15, Oliver Kiddle wrote: > Danek Duvall wrote: > > Another thing to note is that the value of $OSTYPE is compiled in, so > > relying on it may be the wrong thing if zsh is mounted from a shared > > directory. Features also may be backported to older releases, so even > > the output of uname -r isn't necessarily going to be right. > > That applies to quite a lot of completion functions then. I suggest we > just stick to $OSTYPE for this for now and worry about fixing the wider > problem separately. > is OSTYPE readonly? If not immediate workaround is just stick call to config.guess somewhere in zshrc.