zsh-workers
From: Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: "Zvi Har'El" <rl@math.technion.ac.il>,
	Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@sunsite.dk>
Subject: Re: zsh 4.2.5
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:49:54 -0500	[thread overview]

In the last episode (Apr 07), Oliver Kiddle said:
> "Zvi Har'El" wrote:
> > I suppose this requires some fixing in the configuration process,
> > since solaris doesn't have the gnu glibc, and the solaris libc
> > doesn't include iconv.
>
> Certainly on the Solaris machines I have access to, libc does include
> iconv. Is the iconv library you're trying to link against GNU
> libiconv? What error were you getting? Is it perhaps picking up GNU
> libiconv's include files before the system ones?
>
> What happens if you type in the following:
>   cat > t.c <<END
>   #include <iconv.h>
>   main() { iconv_t cd = (iconv_t)iconv_open("646", "8859"); }
>   END
>   cc t.c
> For me, that compiles just fine.

He's probably got libiconv installed and using gcc which defaults to
having /usr/local/include *before* /usr/include in the search path!!
Both sunfreeware.com's version for Solaris 9 and the one bundled with
Solaris 10 do this.  Remove or rename /usr/local/include/iconv.h.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com