zsh-workers
From: Josselin Noirel <noirel@clipper.ens.fr>
To: zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
Subject: precmd() affecting the "r" command output
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:05:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm using the precmd() special function to print the current directory
and the hostname in the title bar of my xterms.  But doing this, the
output of the r command (executing again the last command) is affected
in a unexpected and unwanted way - I guess.

  1> which precmd
  precmd not found
  2> locate foobar
  /usr/TeX/texmf-dist/doc/latex/examdesign/foobar.tex
  3> less `r`
  locate foobar
  4> precmd () {
  function> print -Pn "\e]0;[ %n@%m: %~ ]\a"
  function> }
  5> locate foobar
  /usr/TeX/texmf-dist/doc/latex/examdesign/foobar.tex
  6> less `r`
  locate foobar

  test@matamore:: No such file or directory
  /home/noirel is a directory
  ]/usr/TeX/texmf-dist/doc/latex/examdesign/foobar.tex: No such file or
  directory
  7>

precmd() is supposed to be executed once before each prompt (according
to the man page) but here it is executed one more time, when "r" is
executed.  I think that either the behaviour or the man page is
wrong and should therefore be corrected.

Thank you for your time (and for zsh of course),

--
Josselin Noirel