On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:27:37PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote: > Probably something more general is appropriate [...] > --enable-multibyte-zle is about the best I can think of. OK. I also like Oliver's logic that we will want to tie-in any future multibyte support into the same option, so my newest patch changes the option name to just --enable-multibyte. If we decide the -zle suffix is better, it will be easy to add. > (indeed, [something more general] would be [appropriate] for the name > ZLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT if the definition doesn't depend on ISO 10646). I'll leave any possible renaming of the ZLE_UNICODE_SUPPORT define for later. > It's possible we might: it controls whether printf understands Unicode. Oh, I didn't realize that. I've restored that logic in this new patch and enhanced the comment to mention printf. The code in system.h still checks for __STDC_ISO_10646__ for this, though I don't know if the subset actually needs this test or not. My new patch also removes some debug code that got left in the previous patch (it echoed a var to /tmp/uni). Let me know if there are any objections to my checking this in. ..wayne..