zsh-workers
From: Wayne Davison <wayned@users.sourceforge.net>
To: Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc: zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
Subject: Re: Is anybody getting through to CVS on SourceForge?
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:33:38 -0700	[thread overview]

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:48:37AM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:
> Which implies that the machine was not being backed up before the
> hardware failure?

Not according to the earlier part of that same paragraph:

    Due to the implementation of the CVS service, there is a single
    point of failure with multiple points of recovery (there is more
    than one data source we could potentially recover from if there is
    any data loss as a result of the failure).

So, this makes it sound like they want to make sure that they recover
the data directly from the machine instead of requiring the use of an
alternate method of recovery (which, presumably, would not be 100%
up-to-date).  That's how I read it, at least -- I don't know an more of
what's happening than what they're telling us.

..wayne..