zsh-workers
* zsh CVS archive not being updated
@ 2006-04-22 12:44 Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2006-04-22 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Greetings,

When I follow the instructions from http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=4068 :

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/zsh login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/zsh co -P modulename

(replacing 'modulename' with 'zsh'), I get a repository which has this
as its most recent ChangeLog entry:

2006-03-29  Peter Stephenson  <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>

        * users/10107: Doc/Zsh/jobs.yo: SIGQUIT is ignored by the shell.

In contrast, the writable archive fetched by

cvs -z3 -d:ext:developername@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/zsh co -P modulename

has more recent updates.  Has the archive been branched, or have the
updates stopped happening, or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks,
  Vin

--
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,

* Re: zsh CVS archive not being updated
@ 2006-04-22 15:07 ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2006-04-22 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vin Shelton; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 08:44:41AM -0400, Vin Shelton wrote:
> (replacing 'modulename' with 'zsh'), I get a repository which has this
> as its most recent ChangeLog entry:

Taken from the http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/ web page (**emphasis
added**):

    ( 2006-04-14 11:18:04 - Project CVS Service )   As of 2006-04-14 we
    have an estimate on when the replacement CVS hardware for the new
    infrastructure will arrive. As soon as we get in into our hands,
    we'll actively work on it, with a goal of having it online by the
    end of the month of April. This is a best guess, and may not get hit
    due to the aggressive timeline we have placed on this project.
    However, be assured that recovery of this service in full is our
    highest priority. **The sync process between developer and anonymous
    CVS (ViewCVS, etc.) is disabled now until the new infrastructure is
    in place**, to ensure we have maximum coverage for the small number
    of data corruption issues that have been detected. We understand
    this is sub-optimal, but strongly believe that the protection of the
    data is paramount.

..wayne..