Hi, In module, zsh/system, some symbolic names are not recognized, but are recognized otherwise by my system (Debian testing) ? zmodload zsh/system ? syserror ENOENT ? echo $? 2 So, I have to refer to them with their number ? syserror E2 No such file or directory ? syserror 2 No such file or directory errnos are defined on my system in /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h and that file contains the line : #include /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base contains a few (about 30) errnos definitions (for example, ENOENT is among them) At compile time, /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h is recognized as ERRNO_H When Src/Modules/errnames1.awk parses it, it outputs errnames only from that file. If I modify Src/Modules/Makefile by hand $(AWK) -f $(sdir)/errnames1.awk /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h >errtmp.c; \ instead of $(AWK) -f $(sdir)/errnames1.awk /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h >errtmp.c; \ that works, ENOENT and others are recognized I don't known awk scripting, but may be it is possible to make errnames1.awk recognize include directives and parse also the second file ? Hope that helps arno