Hi. Have a look at this short session: > $ mkdir 'some(dir' > $ cd some > $ cd some\(dir > cd:5: bad pattern: some(dir Obviously, completion fails to escape the '(' properly ("cd some\\\(dir" works fine). Of course in this example "setopt NO_bad_pattern" would help, but that's a workaround at best. I'm now officially giving up on finding where that escaping takes place in zsh, because at 2:38 I thing I deserve some sleep. If anyone could kindly point me to the right place I will gladly provide a patch. Tomorrow. Good night, felix -- felix_eckhofer * [fli4l-/eis-team] * ICQ#_59008162 "Ein Betriebssystem sie zu knechten, sie alle zu finden, ins Dunkle zu treiben und ewig zu binden..."