zsh-workers
From: Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@spiegl.de>
To: ZSH User List <zsh-users@sunsite.dk>,
	ZSH Workers List <zsh-workers@sunsite.dk>
Subject: Re: uhmm, another segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:08:06 +0100	[thread overview]

> (Sorry, I'm using a dumb web interface because our spam filter blocked
> the executable attachment, so this is likely to be a bit messy.)
executable?  No, it was just a plain text file (Shell Skript)

You are right about the missing information for debugging,
but I didn't want to send you my complete setup.
You wouldn't have the time to read all of it. :-)

> 1. it appears to have something to do with interactive
> completion
> (I'm not an expert on this but you haven't in any case
> told us how this is set up)
Hm, the most important part should be this:

zstyle ':completion:*' completer _complete _match _correct _7slash
# first try _match without appending a *
zstyle ':completion::match:*' original yes
zstyle ':completion::match:*' insert-unambiguous true
# options for approximate
zstyle ':completion::approximate:*' max-errors 2 numeric
zstyle ':completion::approximate:*' insert-unambiguous true
zstyle ':incremental' completer _complete _correct _7slash
zstyle ':predict' completer _complete
unsetopt rec_exact
zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list '' 'm:{A-Za-z}={a-zA-Z} m:[-._]=[-._] r:|[-./_]=** r:|=*' '+l:|=*'
zstyle ':completion:*' squeeze-slashes true
zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=10 interactive
zstyle ':completion:*' use-cache on
zstyle '*:matches' group 'yes'
zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
zstyle ':completion:*:*:-command-:*' group-order builtins functions aliases commands
zstyle ':completion:*' group-order files directories
zstyle '*:descriptions' format "$fg_bold[yellow]%d$fg_no_bold[cyan]"
zstyle '*:options' description 'yes'
zstyle '*:options' auto-description '%d'

> 2. it depends on your Mutt aliases file whose format,
> let alone contents, I don't currently know.
They have all this format:
 alias firstname.lastname "Firstname Lastname" <email@domain>
Maybe the problem is that there are 597 of them?

> Can you find a simpler way of reproducing it?
So far, no.  But I'll keep trying.

Thanks,
 Andy.

--