zsh-workers
From: "Ismail Dönmez" <ismail@pardus.org.tr>
To: Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org>
Cc: zsh-workers@sunsite.dk, Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: zsh compilation problem with autoconf git
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:42:40 +0200	[thread overview]

[ Removed bug-autoconf from CC because this might be off topic for them ]

Wednesday 30 January 2008 00:38:19 tarihinde Clint Adams şunları yazmıştı:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 12:03:33AM +0200, Ismail Dönmez wrote:
> > Hi Ralf,
> >
> > I am forwarding your message to zsh-workers list. To summarise the issue
> > zsh modules are not compiled with upcoming autoconf 2.62 and Ralf
> > successfully identified that zsh/Src/mkmakemod.sh does some unportable
> > stuff :
> >
> >     # check 2.13, 2.50, and 2.60 syntaxes
> >     if grep '%@D@%D%' config.status >/dev/null ||
> >        grep ',@D@,D,' config.status >/dev/null ||
> >        grep ',@D@,|#_!!_#|D,' config.status >/dev/null; then
> >         is_dynamic=true
> >     else
> >         is_dynamic=false
> >     fi
> >
> > So the question is, is this thing needed at all, if yes why?
>
> Presumably Src/mkmakemod.sh would need to be generated to check that
> value in any supported manner.  I don't recall a reason that that
> can't be done.

Why doesn't it parse config.h instead? I got

#define DYNAMIC 1

in config.h so this could be grepped easily.

Regards,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.