On Thursday 14 February 2008, Peter Stephenson wrote: > > Wael Nasreddine wrote: > > Peter I couldn't install Fedora because it doesn't work with LVM over > > DM-Crypt, have you tried my environment ?? > > No, it seems unlikely I'm going to have time for that sort of > time-consuming procedure which is any case speculative. It seems like > the next step is understanding the implications of Andrei's findings > since he's already narrowed it down. I don't currently know anything > about the system he's talking about. > I took liberty to move this to workers. In case it rings the bell for anyone. Here are prompt lengths computed by zsh for phil's prompt in ru_RU.UTF-8 locale (where there were the same results for en_US.UTF-8 as well, so at least proper UTF-8 part is correctly computed :) ) (gdb) p rpromptw $1 = 12 (gdb) p lpromptw $2 = 9 (gdb) p lprompth $3 = 2 (gdb) p rprompth $4 = 1 that's absolutely wrong. The actual prompt lengths are (see screenshot) lpromptw = 13 rptomptw = 16 (it has one space in it) this perfectly correspnds to something (zsh?) ignoring invalid characters with high bit set. In both left and right prompts there are exactly 4 of ACS chars. I attach both left and ritgh prompts as well.