also sprach Bart Schaefer [2008.05.06.1645 +0100]: > I'd rather we didn't. rename(2) is atomic, but there's no > reasonable way to make cp+rm be so, and I think it's better if the > user is forced to be aware of the issue. > > Also note that "cp" is (intentionally) NOT one of the commands > supplied by the zsh/files module, so changing mv means > implementing cp. What, if I may ask, is the purpose of zsh/files? -- .''`. martin f. krafft : :' : proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user `. `'` http://people.debian.org/~madduck - http://debiansystem.info `- Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing systems you can't assign IP address 127.0.0.1 to the loopback adapter, because it is a reserved address for loopback devices. -- micro$oft windoze xp professional