On 2008-05-23 13:24:08 +0000, Clint Adams wrote: > On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:46:36AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote: > > This repeats a number of times before it finally moves on. Complete > > strace is attached. Search for "EIO". > > Out of curiosity, does the same thing happen if you use -o nolock on > the client? Don't you mean -o nohistfcntllock? I've attached a small program to test whether fcntl lock is working. Usage: tfcntl It will lock the file for seconds. You can execute it with = 1. If you don't get the prompt after 1 second, then there's a problem. I've already seen such problems in the past (the NFS server needed to be rebooted), which affected other software using fcntl lock, e.g. mail software. -- Vincent Lefèvre - Web: 100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arenaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)