zsh-workers
* Unable to
@ 2008-09-11 14:43 Benjamin McFarland
From: Benjamin McFarland @ 2008-09-11 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello!

I'm attempting to determine what could cause zsh to provide this error:

Sep  4 02:13:51 gts018 zsh: [ID 288304 kern.warning] WARNING: zsh: clone
device 2 must be attached before use!

Reviewing the source, it looks like that the user is attempting to write
to a queue using zsh_wput() and that intended device is both null and
the mblk is not of the M_PROTO type.

Is there any better way to determine the device? (Yes, I know, ask the
user...they are... uncommunicative on the matter.)

my thanks in advance, and please, reply to this mail as I am not
subscribed to the list.

-Ben.
--
Benjamin McFarland
bmac@sun.com

ONLINE SUPPORT CENTER
http://www.sun.com/service/online
Submit, check and update cases. Access Sunsolve, Download
patches, View Sun System Manuals, Order Spare Parts and more

* Re: Unable to
@ 2008-09-11 14:56 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2008-09-11 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin McFarland; +Cc: zsh-workers

Benjamin McFarland wrote:
> I'm attempting to determine what could cause zsh to provide this error:
>
> Sep  4 02:13:51 gts018 zsh: [ID 288304 kern.warning] WARNING: zsh: clone
> device 2 must be attached before use!
>
> Reviewing the source, it looks like that the user is attempting to write
> to a queue using zsh_wput() and that intended device is both null and
> the mblk is not of the M_PROTO type.

This doesn't sound like zsh code, at least undoctored zsh code... I
don't think there's a zsh_wput() function or macro anywhere.  Could the
"zsh" here refer to something other than the Z-Shell?

* Re: Unable to
@ 2008-09-11 16:04   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2008-09-11 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin McFarland; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Sep 11,  3:56pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Unable to
}
} This doesn't sound like zsh code, at least undoctored zsh code... I
} don't think there's a zsh_wput() function or macro anywhere.  Could the
} "zsh" here refer to something other than the Z-Shell?

A google code search turns up

	HDLC protocol handler for Z8530 SCC

It's sun/io/zs_hdlc.c in the OpenSolaris source.

* Re: Unable to
@ 2008-09-11 16:24     ` Danek Duvall
From: Danek Duvall @ 2008-09-11 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Benjamin McFarland, zsh-workers

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 09:04:04AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Sep 11,  3:56pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Unable to
> }
> } This doesn't sound like zsh code, at least undoctored zsh code... I
> } don't think there's a zsh_wput() function or macro anywhere.  Could the
> } "zsh" here refer to something other than the Z-Shell?
>
> A google code search turns up
>
> 	HDLC protocol handler for Z8530 SCC
>
> It's sun/io/zs_hdlc.c in the OpenSolaris source.

man -s 7d zsh

Danek