On Sunday, 18 November 2007 at 15:32, Clint Adams wrote: > On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 12:33:49PM -0800, Brendan Cully wrote: > > It's great to see zsh support mercurial natively, but the bundled > > widget is far less functional. What do you think about including the > > one we ship with mercurial? I haven't posted it before because I'm a > > newbie at zsh completion, but it is significantly more powerful. > > Are you and Steve willing to re-license or dual-license it under zsh's > license? This fell through the cracks here, sorry about that. I've spoken to Steve and we're happy to relicense it according to zsh's license. > > I'd also be happy to hear any advice about how to clean up the > > attached widget. > > Is there a reason `hg debugcomplete` isn't used? Is that not meant for > these things? debugcomplete only gives command names and available options. It doesn't have any additional semantics. The completion script included here is very context-sensitive. It knows how to complete URLs to foreign repositories, tag names, differentiates between file states, etc. In short, it's much more powerful. But I will again reiterate, I'm no zsh hacker, so the script is probably doing a number of thinks stupidly. Feedback is welcome! I've attached the current version.