Hi workers, I've experienced a seg. fault in zsh when doing the following: This is the widget: # Control + B jumps to "base" directory. function return-to-base; { if [[ ! -z "$BASE" ]]; then [[ -d "$BASE" ]] && cd "$BASE" zle reset-prompt fi } It's bound to key ^b. Here's the chpwd function: function chpwd; { DIRECTORY="$PWD" while true; do if [ -f './.env.rc' ]; then source './.env.rc' break fi if [ -f './env' ]; then source './env' break fi [ $PWD = '/' ] && break cd -q .. done cd -q "$DIRECTORY" } Now when BASE points to a directory that contains a .env.rc file and I press ^B, it seems to work fine at first, the directory is updated and I get a new nice prompt. But then, no matter what I enter, after hitting return zsh crashes with a seg. fault. This seems to happen in hist.c:1138, where hptr points to NULL at that point. I tried to fix it myself, but I can't find a clean solution as I can't find the source of the problem. Just checking for hptr being NULL in hend() would just fix the symptom, not the cause I guess. Regards, Jonas --