On Понедельник 12 января 2009 22:48:25 david sowerby wrote: > I don't want to subscribe to the mailing lists so please cc > I wrote a shell script in bash (sorry) before I switched to zsh. > The script has no "bashisms" but when I changed #!/bin/bash to > #!/bin/zsh it didn't work correctly -- zsh ver 4.3.6 on debian It's > just a simple script using select to print a list of music, choose a > file and play it. select input in $(/bin/ls -A /home/david/music) > In bash this prints a screen and a half output - all the music files. > Then the PS3 prompt In zsh this is truncated - only the first > screenfull is shown, then the PS3 prompt, cutting off the last part > of the ls output. If you just hit RETURN (empty line) it will display next part of list. I agree that it is somewhat confusing and in any case undocumented. -andrey