Yes, sorry, I should have been more detailed about this - it is in a prompt theme file, called prompt_foo_setup, and the file lies in a directory added to $fpath. I load the prompt with 'prompt foo', and when the function is named prompt_foo_precmd, it isn't executed, but it is otherwise. Peter wrote: > On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:24:10 +0100 > > tek wrote: > > I noticed that prompt_THEME_precmd(in a prompt theme) isn't executed > > anymore if added to precmd_functions in 4.3.9, while it was in 4.3.6. As > > I didn't find anything in the ChangeLog, I thought maybe someone forgot > > to mention that. > > It can't be quite that simple. > > % prompt_THEME_precmd() { print Executing function; } > % precmd_functions=(prompt_THEME_precmd) > Executing function > > Do you mean something different? For example, do you mean "doesn't get > automatically added to precmd_functions"? That also seems to be working > for me. > > Can you reproduce this starting from "zsh -f"?