Hello, I have stumbled upon a problem with comments in $(...) construct. Consider the following script: # Comment containing ' VAR=$( echo a # Comment containing ' ) echo $VAR This is syntactically correct but zsh would throw an error parsing it: parse error near `VAR=$(' Note that the same script works OK in ksh or bash. It seems that the '\'' character doesn't lose its special meaning even though it appears in the comment. I have written a patch (attached) which seems to fix the problem. Could you please review the patch and consider applying it? Please cc: me in the answers I'm not subscribed. Thanks and regards, Tomas Smetana