On 28 февраля 2009 20:53:11 Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Feb 28, 9:35am, Wolfgang Hukriede wrote: > } > } After upgrading from 4.3.2 to 4.3.9 I've currently two zshells open > of } the respective versions, each in its own xterm-window. Now, > while in } 4.3.2, when I type any 8-bit-character (from the > latin1-set), it is nicely } echoed back. But this no longer works in > 4.3.9. > > This doesn't happen to be on Mac OSX, does it? (You should always > include operating system information when reporting a problem.) > Hmm ... quoting original mail: >This is on freebsd 6.4. >Unicode ist not used, and I currently do not intend to use it. Wolfgang, what happens if you explicitly disable multibyte support (-- disable-multibyte) during build? Otherwise I also tend to think this is locale setting issue.