On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:02:36AM +0200, Richard Hartmann wrote: > On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 00:18, Simon Ruderich wrote: > >> It took a while until I got the command line right, but I think >> it worked. If not please tell me. > > I tried to get this to work as well (before you sent your updates). What > commands did you use? > > Richard Hi Richard, I downloaded the htdocs directory with the following command: rsync -aiv user,zsh@web.sourceforge.net:htdocs . And then uploaded it with: rsync -avi --no-perms htdocs/ user,zsh@web.sourceforge.net:htdocs/ (The / or no / thing in rsync is something I never really understood, I just tried it with --dry-run until I got it right ...) Somehow my computer always changes the permissions when downloading the htdocs and I didn't want to risk breaking the permissions. But they did change for two files so I had to fix this. The correct permissions seems to be 0464 (-r--rw-r--) for files, so I fixed them for one file and uploaded it: rsync -avi htdocs/Arc/irc.html user,zsh@web.sourceforge.net:htdocs/Arc Hope this helps, Simon -- + privacy is necessary + using gnupg http://gnupg.org + public key id: 0x92FEFDB7E44C32F9