zsh-workers
* Bug: _oldlist and automatic coloring of matched
@ 2010-04-23 22:28 Julius Plenz
From: Julius Plenz @ 2010-04-23 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hey there,

while I recently created a new zsh configuration from scratch I
stumbled upon a bug in the _oldlist completer. (At least _oldlist
if one of the sources of the problem - other completers might behave
similarly.)

I wanted to configure Zsh not to use colors at all. So I simply didn't
set the 'list-colors' style for the default tag anywhere. This,
however, is not enough in the case of _oldlist. Consider this minimal
zshrc:

    autoload -U compinit && compinit
    zmodload -i zsh/complist
    zstyle ':completion:*' completer _oldlist _complete
    zstyle ':completion:*' menu select select=long-list

If you hit Tab the first time, the listing of filenames is not
colored. But once you hit Tab again (and the _oldlist completer comes
into play) suddenly some matches are colored.

I guess the problem is that _oldlist somehow sets the list-colors
style to '' which then causes Zsh to color the list according to the
default colors. I was, however, not able to trace the source of the
problem any further.

Cheers,
Julius