zsh-workers
From: ZyX <zyx.vim@gmail.com>
To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: Re: zsh -n doesn't grok associate array indexes?
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:48:19 +0300	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 1968 bytes --]

Reply to message «zsh -n doesn't grok associate array indexes?»,
sent 20:18:09 10 January 2011, Monday
by Rocky Bernstein:

Confirmed:
    zsh << EOF
    emulate -LR zsh
    typeset -A hash
    hash['display']=5
    echo ${hash['display']}
    EOF
echoes 5 as expected, but «zsh -n» echoes the same error.

    % zsh --version
    zsh 4.3.10 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

zsh does not unquote subscripts, you can check it by using «echo ${(kv)hash}») I
I get correct value without «-n» and «zsh: hash: assignment to invalid subscript