Vin Shelton wrote: > > If you have valgrind, running "valgrind zsh -f" might be useful.  (I > > don't think you'd need any of the options to look for leaked memory > > for something like this.) > > Thanks for the suggestion. Here's the report from valgrind. The call > to setpwent is made from fillnameddirtable in hahstable.c. I don't > really know what else to make of this, though. Me neither, I'm afraid. It certainly *looks* like an error within setpwent itself, though that doesn't necesarily mean it is. As valgrind is claiming the memory wasn't malloc'd at all it doesn't give us much of a lead. -- Peter Stephenson Web page now at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.w.stephenson/