zsh-workers
* Debian bug triage
@ 2012-01-30 23:38 Richard Hartmann
From: Richard Hartmann @ 2012-01-30 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

Hi all,

there's about 90 Zsh bugs open in Debian as of right now[1]. Most,
maybe all, belong upstream.

I am doing a bit or triage atm and was wondering if it would be OK to
simply compile a list of still-valid bugs and dump the URLs on this
list. The bug reports would already contain anything needed to
reproduce. It would save work on my, and presumably your, side to keep
the details in the reports and not copy & reformat them here.

If anyone wants to chuck in and drink from the firehose, this [2] is
the place to go.

--
Richard

[1] http://qa.debian.org/data/bts/graphs/z/zsh.png
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=zsh;dist=unstable

* Re: Debian bug triage
@ 2012-01-31  0:10 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2012-01-31  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

Richard Hartmann wrote:
[...]
> I am doing a bit or triage atm and was wondering if it would be OK to
> simply compile a list of still-valid bugs and dump the URLs on this
> list. The bug reports would already contain anything needed to
> reproduce. It would save work on my, and presumably your, side to keep
> the details in the reports and not copy & reformat them here.

FWIW, about a year ago, I compiled a list like that for debian's pkg-zsh
team:

  <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-zsh-devel/2011-February/000018.html>

Since it's a year old, some of the bugs have been dealt with. But many
have not because frankly, spare time didn't permit it.

I sorted the outstanding bugs into a few categories with increasing
toughness and my two cents to each of them.

That list should be a decent start.

Most work is actually to identify which bugs are really legitimate bugs
still. Some may be fixed (I tried to sort them out at the time), some
maybe PEBCAK and others may be misunderstandings of zsh workings.

Anyway, I figured I'd mention that list, so you don't have to start with
nothing, if you're really planning to burn through all of those. At
least when I was done, I wasn't too keen on following up on my own
findings, because it took forever to get the list ready in the first
place. Maybe you can take this a little further. :-)

Regards, Frank

* Re: Debian bug triage
@ 2012-01-31  9:47 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2012-01-31  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 00:38:22 +0100
Richard Hartmann <richih.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> there's about 90 Zsh bugs open in Debian as of right now[1]. Most,
> maybe all, belong upstream.
>
> I am doing a bit or triage atm and was wondering if it would be OK to
> simply compile a list of still-valid bugs and dump the URLs on this
> list. The bug reports would already contain anything needed to
> reproduce. It would save work on my, and presumably your, side to keep
> the details in the reports and not copy & reformat them here.

Anything's definitely better than nothing.  Actually having at least a
summary on this list is likely to increase the chance of someone
thinking about it, but whatever you have time for.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@csr.com>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog