On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:13:56AM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote: >> While generating intro.pdf I noticed a problem. It seems like >> pdfroff -ms $(sdir)/intro.ms >intro.pdf creates a PDF which >> contains the data twice. For the website I used roff2ps and then >> ps2pdf, but I'm not sure if that's the best way. Is this just a >> issue with my pdfroff or a general problem? > > It appears to be a general problem. I remember playing with a > workaround but I don't think I got to the point of anything useful. Should we switch to the roff2ps & ps2pdf approach for the Doc/Makefile? Then we won't ship the doubled PDF in the doc package. The website needs a4 and us-letter (and their PS versions), so maybe something like this: roff2ps -ms -P-pa4 < intro.ms > intro.a4.ps && ps2pdf intro.a4.ps roff2ps -ms -P-pletter < intro.ms > intro.us.ps && ps2pdf intro.us.ps >> Are the texinfo sources for intro.ms available (the link on the >> website doesn't work anymore) or is there another way to create >> HTML from intro.ms (roff2html doesn't really work)? > > I think intro.ms has been edited in that form. The original source is > lost to history (or we wouldn't be carrying round a .ms file at all). Is it possible to create HTML files from a roff file? My attempts with roff2html failed. Regards, Simon -- + privacy is necessary + using gnupg http://gnupg.org + public key id: 0x92FEFDB7E44C32F9