Hello list members, I'm using zsh 5.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.6 compiled via homebrew. When I complete targets for one of my makefiles I get some extra suggestions, which I should not get. I have attached a example makefile to reproduce the issue. To reproduce the issue copy the attached makefile to a (new) directory of your choice and run "make prepare". Then enter "make " and press CTRL-D. On my system the suggestions are: 1.pdf 2.pdf 3.pdf \'s\#src/\(.\*\).tex\#1.pdf \| clean files.mk ls main prepare sed src/\*.tex but I expect them to be: 1.pdf 2.pdf 3.pdf clean files.mk main prepare I looked at the code of _make and it seems that the error arises when the makefile is parsed by _make-parseMakefile. The line five of my example file is misinterpreted because it contains a colon. _make-parseMakefile therefor thinks it is a line containing a target and a dependency. The pattern used in _make-parseMakefile (in case ... esac) is ([[:alnum:]][^$TAB:=]#:[^=]*) . I do not understand why this matches a line starting with a TAB-character. Sadly I also do not know how to correct this line. Do you think this can be fixed? Best regards Luc