Hi, VCS_INFO_reposub is the function called to process VCS_INFO's %S flag in 'formats' and 'actionformats'. Problem: $ mkdir -p '/tmp/foo bar' $ cd !$ $ VCS_INFO_reposub Output: "tmp/foobar" instead of "tmp/foo bar". I'm new to zsh internals, but apparently something causes the string 'foo bar' to be read in as 2 arguments. printf only takes 1 argument, and so 'bar' just gets appended. Could someone point me to the appropriate parameter expansion rule? Solution: Double-quote ${$(pwd -P)#$base/}. Regards, Marco