With zsh 5.0.7 (Debian package), I did a tab-completion, which generated endless output (I don't know why, and I don't remember the command). I typed Ctrl-\ to interrupt it (Ctrl-C had no effect), but zsh immediately crashed (the terminal disappeared as a consequence). Unfortunately it didn't leave a core file. I've attached the file containing my completion settings, which is sourced by my .zshrc file. -- Vincent Lefèvre - Web: 100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)