Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 09:52:24 +0000: > Carsten Hey wrote on Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 01:59:36 +0200: > > An other main paste feature, not running a pasted command without user > > interaction, would be disabled by this (which makes it, for my private > > setup, a good candidate for being activated if needed by some currently > > unused function key). > > > > Btw., I also think that highlighting is sufficient to alert the user > > that no command is running - that it vanishes if a command runs makes > > this pretty clear for the second time, and the first time the previously > > unseen highlighing should catch the attention of the users and make them > > check what happend. zle -M ... seems to be a bit too verbose for > > a default behaviour. > > I'm attaching a patch and a zshrc that together demonstrate the proposed > behaviour. To test them, apply the patch, run the resulting 'zsh -f', > and source the script. > > I propose to make the _resulting behaviour_ the default in 5.1.1. However, > before I spend time on rewriting the attached patch entirely in C, I'd > like to ensure we have consensus for making this change. > > The behaviour is: (a) pastes are never executed until is pressed; > (b) zle_highlight is set; (c) newlines are removed only at . I've gone ahead and prepared a patch series that implementes that behaviour entirely in C. It's attached.