On 2016-09-08 at 23:14 +0200, Oliver Kiddle wrote: > Phil Pennock wrote: > > At this point, I haven't done anything about rebinding =~ to handle > > this. It's purely new infix-operators based on words. I'm thinking > > perhaps something along the lines of $zsh_reop_modules=(regex), with > > `setopt rematch_pcre` becoming a compatibility interface that acts as > > though `pcre` were prepended to that list and > > > > zsh_reop_modules=(pcre regex) > > > > having the same effect. Then I could use `zsh_reop_modules=(re2 regex)`. > > Does this seem sane? Anyone have better suggestions? I do want to have > > If the first listed module in the array has control of =~, what is > the meaning of subsequent ones? Ignored, as long as the first one could be loaded. The first loadable one gets =~ It's bound and tied at that point. If the variable is re-assigned to, the shell would try again to work through the list. > How about perhaps using a module alias so you would do, e.g. > zmodload -A zsh/default/regex=zsh/re2 Would probably need to be more than that, to be able to alias explicit features. It's C: infix-conditionals which need to be grabbed, a different one from each module. -Phil