Hello, I noticed a file descriptor leak today in a script that was forking jobs in a loop and ceased to work after 1000 jobs. A (quick, admittedly) search of the mailing list found nothing relevant. A minimal example is attached, using `lsof` to demonstrate the problem. I also attached its output in case there are difficulties reproducing the problem. It is interesting to see that only the `&!` operator causes the problem, the `disown` command does not. A pipe needs to be present in the backgrounded command. Regards Jure