On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 01:53:10AM +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote: > Joey Pabalinas wrote on Sat, 15 Dec 2018 10:26 -1000: > > This is fairly innocuous behavior and is POSIX-compliant, so document > > this odd edge case rather than risk regressions attempting to change > > the lexer/parser code. > > If preventing regressions is your goal, why not add a regression test using this syntax? Sorry, maybe my commit message was a bit unclear. I meant instead of trying to poke at the parser/lexer code to make the behavior match the documentation, I figured it's easier to just do it the other way and document the weird edge case. Sorry for the ambiguity (and the double send, forgot to CC the list), should I revise the commit description? -- Cheers, Joey Pabalinas