zsh-workers
* Gmail vs. zsh lists, again
@ 2019-12-21 17:13 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2019-12-21 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Please pardon the meta-discussion.  This is mostly an FYI.

I've had several messages lately either get warnings about "can't
verify this came from ..." or labeled as spam or both.  Today I have
patches 3/5 through 5/5 from Daniel (for vcs) but no sign anywhere of
the first two -- I don't know if that's related, but it seemed worth
mentioning.

Then of course there's the ongoing issue with domains that publish
strict SPF rules, such that when ezmlm forwards the message the gmail
servers won't accept it, because it is coming from the wrong IP
address space.  I periodically either get "mail to you is bouncing"
warnings from ezmlm or find myself in the middle of a conversation
because I only get to see the replies.

There's apparently an updated version of ezmlm available from
http://untroubled.org/ if we're able to get an upgrade done.  I've
lost track of the progress on relocating the list servers.

* Re: Gmail vs. zsh lists, again
@ 2019-12-21 21:13 ` Roman Perepelitsa
From: Roman Perepelitsa @ 2019-12-21 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 10:06 PM Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:

> Please pardon the meta-discussion.  This is mostly an FYI.

Confirming that you aren't the only one having issues with gmail <->
zsh lists communication (you probably already know that). I have all
the same issues you are describing such as bounced mail alerts,
missing messages, etc.

Roman.

* Re: Gmail vs. zsh lists, again
@ 2019-12-21 21:20   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2019-12-21 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

I  did receive Daniel's patches 1/5 and 2/5, just a few minutes ago.

* Re: Gmail vs. zsh lists, again
@ 2019-12-22  3:15     ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2019-12-22  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

Bart Schaefer wrote on Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 13:20:09 -0800:
> I  did receive Daniel's patches 1/5 and 2/5, just a few minutes ago.

I received 4/5 and 5/5 immediately but the others with a five hour delay: