Peter Stephenson wrote on Thu, 06 Feb 2020 14:09 +0000: > On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 14:32 +0100, Mikael Magnusson wrote: > > On 2/6/20, Daniel Shahaf wrote: > > >  > > > Well, it's an option.  It would result in the following interface: > > > to prevent $zle_bracketed_paste from being defined one will have to run > > > «unset zle_bracketed_paste» if zsh/zle has been loaded, or «zmodload -Fa > > > zsh/zle -p:zle_bracketed_paste» otherwise. > > I would assume that if someone knew to run that obscure zmodload > > command, they would know they could just do this instead, > > zmodload zsh/zle > > unset zle_bracketed_paste > > No, this is entirely about autoload behaviour.  "zmodload -Fa" provides > selective autoload out of the box, which in principle fixes the issue > with no fundamentally new features, just appropriate module exports. > > However, the main reason for doing this with zmodload would be to > provide consistency with different types of module feature, and there's > no real call for that as people are much more used to the parameter > interface.  So in practice adding behaviour to "unset" is probably > easier for everyone. > I've got a WIP patch for this that I'd like to share. It fixes the xfail ('f'-status) test; however, I'm not sure everything in it's correct, and there are a few outstanding todo's. It's nowhere near being ready to be committed; I'm only posting it now for 'release early and often' reasons. It's attached. Cheers, Daniel > It would be neater to be more consistent about the way module features > are provided, just on the basis that if it's in a module it should use > the module interface, else why are we pretending it's a module at all > rather than building it into the shell?  But that can go way down a very > long list. > > pws >