zsh-workers
* GitHub/GitLab PRs backlog
@ 2020-07-03 12:56 Daniel Shahaf
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-07-03 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

We have a number of outstanding PR's on GitHub/GitLab.  Several of them
are awaiting revisions by their respective authors (I should probably
add a GitHub label recording this state).  However, the following ones
await reviews:

	Add instructions for the platform dependency
	#58 opened 7 hours ago by jnooree
	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/58

	completion: Allow specifying directory name for _remote_files
	#53 opened on Apr 20 by insidewhy
	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/53

	_ssh_hosts: Complete hosts in "Match" directive
	#50 opened on Mar 8 by fumiyas
	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/50
	[author pinged us today]

	Add zstd file completion to tar
	#45 opened on Jan 16 by svenstaro • Changes requested
	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/45
	[predates zsh-5.8-129-g494f6bcb3, and possibly obsoleted thereby]

	Fix hexdump command used for mercurial dirstate parsing
	#11 opened on Oct 29, 2016 by reedriley
	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/11
	[remaining is confined to Misc/vcs_info-examples]

Could folks help triage them, please?

Feel free to do that either on GitHub or here.

Thanks,

Daniel

P.S.  To get a PR author's email address from GitHub: click "Commits
(1)" in the in-viewport tab bar, then click on a commit's subject line
(log message start), then manually append ".patch" to the URL.

* Re: GitHub/GitLab PRs backlog
@ 2020-07-03 13:53 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-07-03 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: Miroslav Koškár

Daniel Shahaf wrote on Fri, 03 Jul 2020 12:56 +0000:
> We have a number of outstanding PR's on GitHub/GitLab.  Several of them
> are awaiting revisions by their respective authors (I should probably
> add a GitHub label recording this state).  However, the following ones
> await reviews:
>
> 	Add instructions for the platform dependency
> 	#58 opened 7 hours ago by jnooree
> 	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/58
>
> 	completion: Allow specifying directory name for _remote_files
> 	#53 opened on Apr 20 by insidewhy
> 	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/53
>
> 	_ssh_hosts: Complete hosts in "Match" directive
> 	#50 opened on Mar 8 by fumiyas
> 	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/50
> 	[author pinged us today]
>
> 	Add zstd file completion to tar
> 	#45 opened on Jan 16 by svenstaro • Changes requested
> 	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/45
> 	[predates zsh-5.8-129-g494f6bcb3, and possibly obsoleted thereby]
>
> 	Fix hexdump command used for mercurial dirstate parsing
> 	#11 opened on Oct 29, 2016 by reedriley
> 	https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/11
> 	[remaining is confined to Misc/vcs_info-examples]

There's also Miroslav's _git patch series in 46141 and 46142.  It's
still on my list too but help would be welcome.

Cheers,

Daniel

@ 2020-07-04 16:16 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-07-04 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Shahaf; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:57 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> We have a number of outstanding PR's on GitHub/GitLab.

Not that I want to ignore these, but why do people think we use
GitHub/GitLab for anything?

* Re: GitHub/GitLab PRs backlog
@ 2020-07-04 19:57 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-07-04 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Shahaf; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:57 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

>         completion: Allow specifying directory name for _remote_files
>         #53 opened on Apr 20 by insidewhy
>         https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/53

Documentation?  How does one use this?  Do all the callers need zstyle
update to be able to specify the directory?

>         _ssh_hosts: Complete hosts in "Match" directive
>         #50 opened on Mar 8 by fumiyas
>         https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/50
>         [author pinged us today]

This looks OK to me.

>         Add zstd file completion to tar
>         #45 opened on Jan 16 by svenstaro • Changes requested
>         https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/45
>         [predates zsh-5.8-129-g494f6bcb3, and possibly obsoleted thereby]

The discussion for this one seems not to have been resolved?  There's
still only one commit about which there are questions.  I don't have a
host where tar supports --zstd to check.

>         Fix hexdump command used for mercurial dirstate parsing
>         #11 opened on Oct 29, 2016 by reedriley
>         https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/pull/11
>         [remaining is confined to Misc/vcs_info-examples]

This needs someone who uses mercurial.

* Re: GitHub/GitLab PRs backlog
@ 2020-07-05 11:17   ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-07-05 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote on Sat, 04 Jul 2020 09:16 -0700:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 5:57 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> >
> > We have a number of outstanding PR's on GitHub/GitLab.
>
> Not that I want to ignore these, but why do people think we use
> GitHub/GitLab for anything?

People have been sending us PRs on GitHub ever since a GitHub mirror
was created, even though at the time the "How to send patches"
instructions said "Email it to -workers@".

More recently, however, we explicitly blessed GitHub/GitLab for
completion functions:

% git remote get-url origin
ssh://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/web
% grep -HnRi3 gitlab ./
./News/index.html-54-<dd>Bug fix release with a few user visible additions.</dd>
./News/index.html-55-
./News/index.html-58-and <a href="https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/">github pull requests</a>
./News/index.html-59-are now officially accepted. Sending completion function patches to the
./News/index.html-60-mailing list will also continue to be perfectly acceptable.</dd>
--
./Arc/git.html-69-archives</a> to ensure that your message arrives.
./Arc/git.html-70-

Cheers,

Daniel

* Re: GitHub/GitLab PRs backlog
@ 2020-07-05 11:22   ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-07-05 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

Thanks for the reviews!  Would you like to add them on the PR's
yourself?  If you prefer, I can point the PR authors back to this
thread.

For #50, if you'd like to test it you can retrieve it with «git fetch
git://github.com/zsh-users/zsh.git pull/53/head».

Cheers,

Daniel