zsh-workers
* Call for moderators
@ 2020-08-09  6:36 Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-08-09  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Good morning all,

Could we have some volunteers please to moderate -workers@ and
-users@?

Moderation is keyed not on whether a message's sender is subscribed
to the list, but on the spam score of the message.  Emails with high
spam scores are rejected at SMTP time; those with low spam scores are
passed directly to the list; and those with scores in between are
passed to the moderators.  (Kudos to Oliver for implementing this.)

When a message requires moderation, you'll get an email with that
message attached to it, and with these instructions:

> To distribute the attached message in list zsh-infra:
> <mailto:sympa@zsh.org?subject=DISTRIBUTE%20zsh-infra%20f650a8302ea98094051b724e4fe36909>
> Or [reply to this email] with the following subject:
> DISTRIBUTE zsh-infra f650a8302ea98094051b724e4fe36909
(slightly rephrased by me)

The moderators then click on the link to approve the message.  It's
also possible to approve a message by replying and changing the subject
as indicated, or via the Web interface.

That's basically it.  Ideally we'll have several moderators in
separated timezones.

Currently the moderators are the sudoers, but we're trying to divide
our workload.

Thanks,

Daniel

* Re: Call for moderators
@ 2020-08-09  7:54 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-08-09  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sun, 09 Aug 2020 06:36 +0000:
> Moderation is keyed not on whether a message's sender is subscribed
> to the list, but on the spam score of the message.  Emails with high
> spam scores are rejected at SMTP time; those with low spam scores are
> passed directly to the list; and those with scores in between are
> passed to the moderators.  (Kudos to Oliver for implementing this.)

Sorry, that's not quite right.

Currently, moderation is keyed on whether one is a subscriber or not.

Oliver is working on implementing the "moderate only emails with a
medium spam score" functionality, has rolled it out to the internal
infrastructure/testing list, and expects that it will be rolled out to
-workers@ and -users@ before long.  However, when all is said and done,
that hasn't happened yet.

Apologies on my behalf for the mistake.

Daniel

> When a message requires moderation, you'll get an email with that
> message attached to it, and with these instructions:
>
> > To distribute the attached message in list zsh-infra:
> > <mailto:sympa@zsh.org?subject=DISTRIBUTE%20zsh-infra%20f650a8302ea98094051b724e4fe36909>
> > Or [reply to this email] with the following subject:
> > DISTRIBUTE zsh-infra f650a8302ea98094051b724e4fe36909
> (slightly rephrased by me)
>
> The moderators then click on the link to approve the message.  It's
> also possible to approve a message by replying and changing the subject
> as indicated, or via the Web interface.
>
> That's basically it.  Ideally we'll have several moderators in
> separated timezones.
>
> Currently the moderators are the sudoers, but we're trying to divide
> our workload.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel

* Re: Call for moderators
@ 2020-08-09  8:20   ` Karsten Borgwaldt
From: Karsten Borgwaldt @ 2020-08-09  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: Daniel Shahaf

Am Sonntag, 9. August 2020, 09:54:58 CEST schrieb Daniel Shahaf:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sun, 09 Aug 2020 06:36 +0000:
> > That's basically it.  Ideally we'll have several moderators in
> > separated timezones.

Sounds easy, I would like to help. My local timezone is UTC+1/UTC+2.

Karsten

* Re: Call for moderators
@ 2020-08-09 10:27     ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-08-09 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karsten Borgwaldt; +Cc: zsh-workers

Karsten Borgwaldt wrote on Sun, 09 Aug 2020 10:20 +0200:
> Am Sonntag, 9. August 2020, 09:54:58 CEST schrieb Daniel Shahaf:
> > Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sun, 09 Aug 2020 06:36 +0000:
> > > That's basically it.  Ideally we'll have several moderators in
> > > separated timezones.
>
> Sounds easy, I would like to help. My local timezone is UTC+1/UTC+2.

Thanks, Karsten!  We'll add you shortly.

We already had another volunteer offlist in UTC-5/UTC-4, so a third
volunteer around UTC+10 or thereabouts would be great.

Cheers,

Daniel