zsh-workers
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
@ 2021-02-15 10:16 Vincent Lefevre
  2021-02-15 15:48 ` Daniel Shahaf
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2021-02-15 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

I can see that the zsh -users and -workers lists are no longer
archived on gmane.io. The latest thread is "Call for moderators"
in -workers on 2020-08-09. Is there any reason?

Note that the list information for -users and -workers is still
found via <https://admin.gmane.io/> when one searches for zsh.

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
  2021-02-15 10:16 zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives Vincent Lefevre
@ 2021-02-15 15:48 ` Daniel Shahaf
  2021-02-15 18:01   ` Vincent Lefevre
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2021-02-15 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:16:47 +0100:
> I can see that the zsh -users and -workers lists are no longer
> archived on gmane.io. The latest thread is "Call for moderators"
> in -workers on 2020-08-09. Is there any reason?
> 

That's about the time we migrated from primenet to Phil.  Could you follow up
with gmane and ask them to resubscribe?  The lists are now run by Sympa and
mbox archives for backfilling are at https://www.zsh.org/mla/zsh-workers/ (and
similar for the other lists).  Thanks!

> Note that the list information for -users and -workers is still
> found via <https://admin.gmane.io/> when one searches for zsh.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
  2021-02-15 15:48 ` Daniel Shahaf
@ 2021-02-15 18:01   ` Vincent Lefevre
  2021-02-15 20:09     ` Daniel Shahaf
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2021-02-15 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On 2021-02-15 15:48:21 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:16:47 +0100:
> > I can see that the zsh -users and -workers lists are no longer
> > archived on gmane.io. The latest thread is "Call for moderators"
> > in -workers on 2020-08-09. Is there any reason?
> 
> That's about the time we migrated from primenet to Phil.  Could you follow up
> with gmane and ask them to resubscribe?  The lists are now run by Sympa and
> mbox archives for backfilling are at https://www.zsh.org/mla/zsh-workers/ (and
> similar for the other lists).  Thanks!

I've just submitted a resubscription request both both lists.

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
  2021-02-15 18:01   ` Vincent Lefevre
@ 2021-02-15 20:09     ` Daniel Shahaf
  2021-02-15 22:29       ` Vincent Lefevre
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2021-02-15 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, 15 Feb 2021 18:01 +00:00:
> On 2021-02-15 15:48:21 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:16:47 +0100:
> > > I can see that the zsh -users and -workers lists are no longer
> > > archived on gmane.io. The latest thread is "Call for moderators"
> > > in -workers on 2020-08-09. Is there any reason?
> > 
> > That's about the time we migrated from primenet to Phil.  Could you follow up
> > with gmane and ask them to resubscribe?  The lists are now run by Sympa and
> > mbox archives for backfilling are at https://www.zsh.org/mla/zsh-workers/ (and
> > similar for the other lists).  Thanks!
> 
> I've just submitted a resubscription request both both lists.

Thanks, Vincent.  I take it -announce@ was never added to gmane in the first place, then?


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
  2021-02-15 20:09     ` Daniel Shahaf
@ 2021-02-15 22:29       ` Vincent Lefevre
  2021-02-15 22:33         ` Daniel Shahaf
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2021-02-15 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On 2021-02-15 20:09:36 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, 15 Feb 2021 18:01 +00:00:
> > On 2021-02-15 15:48:21 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > > Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:16:47 +0100:
> > > > I can see that the zsh -users and -workers lists are no longer
> > > > archived on gmane.io. The latest thread is "Call for moderators"
> > > > in -workers on 2020-08-09. Is there any reason?
> > > 
> > > That's about the time we migrated from primenet to Phil.  Could you follow up
> > > with gmane and ask them to resubscribe?  The lists are now run by Sympa and
> > > mbox archives for backfilling are at https://www.zsh.org/mla/zsh-workers/ (and
> > > similar for the other lists).  Thanks!
> > 
> > I've just submitted a resubscription request both both lists.
> 
> Thanks, Vincent.  I take it -announce@ was never added to gmane in the first place, then?

It had been added, but has never worked: I can see only 2 buggy
messages from 2002 (at that time, it was @sunsite.dk). I've just
asked for a resubscription, in case this would now work.

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
  2021-02-15 22:29       ` Vincent Lefevre
@ 2021-02-15 22:33         ` Daniel Shahaf
  2021-02-24  9:43           ` Vincent Lefevre
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2021-02-15 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 23:29:23 +0100:
> On 2021-02-15 20:09:36 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, 15 Feb 2021 18:01 +00:00:
> > > On 2021-02-15 15:48:21 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > > > Vincent Lefevre wrote on Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:16:47 +0100:
> > > > > I can see that the zsh -users and -workers lists are no longer
> > > > > archived on gmane.io. The latest thread is "Call for moderators"
> > > > > in -workers on 2020-08-09. Is there any reason?
> > > > 
> > > > That's about the time we migrated from primenet to Phil.  Could you follow up
> > > > with gmane and ask them to resubscribe?  The lists are now run by Sympa and
> > > > mbox archives for backfilling are at https://www.zsh.org/mla/zsh-workers/ (and
> > > > similar for the other lists).  Thanks!
> > > 
> > > I've just submitted a resubscription request both both lists.
> > 
> > Thanks, Vincent.  I take it -announce@ was never added to gmane in the first place, then?
> 
> It had been added, but has never worked: I can see only 2 buggy
> messages from 2002 (at that time, it was @sunsite.dk). I've just
> asked for a resubscription, in case this would now work.

Thanks a lot!


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
  2021-02-15 22:33         ` Daniel Shahaf
@ 2021-02-24  9:43           ` Vincent Lefevre
  2021-02-24 13:40             ` Daniel Shahaf
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 8+ messages in thread
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2021-02-24  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I've received automatic mail from gmane-mx.org, saying that the
request failed because the ...@m.gmane-mx.org user is already
a subscriber of the list. This is an error from the subscribe
command, so that it seems to originate from the zsh mailing-list
software. I wonder whether for some reason, the mail from the
zsh lists is rejected by Gmane.

There are still no new zsh messages in Gmane.

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

* Re: zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives
  2021-02-24  9:43           ` Vincent Lefevre
@ 2021-02-24 13:40             ` Daniel Shahaf
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 8+ messages in thread
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2021-02-24 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Vincent Lefevre wrote on Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 10:43:00 +0100:
> I've received automatic mail from gmane-mx.org, saying that the
> request failed because the ...@m.gmane-mx.org user is already
> a subscriber of the list. This is an error from the subscribe
> command, so that it seems to originate from the zsh mailing-list
> software. I wonder whether for some reason, the mail from the
> zsh lists is rejected by Gmane.

I've checked Exim logs and gmane's MX accepts our emails.  I'll send you the
log excerpt under separate cover.

I suspect gmane drops the mails after accepting them because they don't come
from qmail at primenet as they used to.

If there's anything we (= zsh.org admins) can do on our end to help, let us know.

Cheers,

Daniel

> There are still no new zsh messages in Gmane.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 8+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-02-24 13:41 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 8+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-02-15 10:16 zsh mailing-lists and gmane.io archives Vincent Lefevre
2021-02-15 15:48 ` Daniel Shahaf
2021-02-15 18:01   ` Vincent Lefevre
2021-02-15 20:09     ` Daniel Shahaf
2021-02-15 22:29       ` Vincent Lefevre
2021-02-15 22:33         ` Daniel Shahaf
2021-02-24  9:43           ` Vincent Lefevre
2021-02-24 13:40             ` Daniel Shahaf

zsh-workers

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.vuxu.org/zsh-workers

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V1 zsh-workers zsh-workers/ http://inbox.vuxu.org/zsh-workers \
		zsh-workers@zsh.org
	public-inbox-index zsh-workers

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.vuxu.org/vuxu.archive.zsh.workers


code repositories for the project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.vuxu.org/mirror/zsh/

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git