Bart Schaefer wrote on Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 07:00:32 -0700: > On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 5:06 AM Daniel Shahaf > wrote: > > > > > > +prompt_newuser_precmd() { > > > + local exitstatus=$? > > > > It's not documented that precmd hooks can rely on $? to be the exit code > > of the last command. That does work, though (because callhookfunc() > > calls doshfunc(noreturnval=1)), and seems useful, and I guess we won't > > want to change it, so shall we document it? > > > It's intentional and as far as I recall has always been assumed, so ... yes. Done. Attached as 4/8. Also did a few other things while I was in the area, and things that I noticed while auditing for other instances of the bugs fixed by the the former things. Split to rather small pieces, but in exchange, the log messages are informative. (Also, I do review my own patches to the same standard as others'.) Cheers, Daniel