From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.net>
To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: miscomputation of total time?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:50:57 +0200

I use REPORTTIME=60, and on a Debian 10 machine (I haven't tried on
others) with zsh 5.7.1, I've noticed that the fraction of second in
the total time (the 2 digits between the period and " total") is not
random as expected: on the 370 runs in the past few months, I get a
value always between 17 and 99. Moreover, values from 17 to 47 occur
much more often than values from 48 to 99 (325 values vs 45).
Statistically, these values should be random between 00 and 99.

Is there an error in the computation of the total time?

Here are the 370 values after sorting them:

17
17
18
18