zsh-workers
* zsh-workers HTML archive hasn't updated since 2021/07/14
@ 2021-07-23  5:29 Marlon Richert
From: Marlon Richert @ 2021-07-23  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

zsh-users HTML archive, on the other hand, appears to be up to date.

* RE: zsh-workers HTML archive hasn't updated since 2021/07/14
@ 2021-07-23 11:46 ` zeurkous
From: zeurkous @ 2021-07-23 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marlon Richert; +Cc: zsh-workers

"Marlon Richert" <marlon.richert@gmail.com> wrote:
> zsh-users HTML archive, on the other hand, appears to be up to date.

Confirmed. There are several other issues me has identified, as well:

 0) /workers/${n} now redirect to non-existent files.
 1) ftp.zsh.org:/mla/ is referenced from /index.html, but does not
    actually exist.

Please fix. Especially 0) bothers me, for me does not like to have to
resort to browsing HTML poop just to read an e-mail msg.

To me: the HTML archive *is* expendable; /workers/ is not. But that's
just liek, me opinion, {{,wo}man,...}.

         --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!

* Re: zsh-workers HTML archive hasn't updated since 2021/07/14
@ 2021-07-27  3:30   ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2021-07-27  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zeurkous; +Cc: Marlon Richert, zsh-workers

zeurkous@volny.cz wrote on Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 13:46:46 +0200:
> "Marlon Richert" <marlon.richert@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Subject: zsh-workers HTML archive hasn't updated since 2021/07/14

Ack.

> > zsh-users HTML archive, on the other hand, appears to be up to date.
>

> Confirmed. There are several other issues me has identified, as well:

There's at least one known issue with a fix written and pending
deployment when one of the admins has time to do so.  That should fix
some of the problems if not all of them.

>  0) /workers/${n} now redirect to non-existent files.

That is expected to redirect to the msg${number}.html file if it exists,
otherwise to the raw rfc822 file *for the messages since the last
multiple-of-100 X-Seq value only*.  That's because the script's fallback
codepath doesn't know how to dynamically extract older messages from the
hectomessage ${X-Seq value mod 100}xx.tar.gz files.  Patches welcome.

>  1) ftp.zsh.org:/mla/ is referenced from /index.html, but does not
>     actually exist.

We'll look into it, thanks.

> Please fix. Especially 0) bothers me, for me does not like to have to
> resort to browsing HTML poop just to read an e-mail msg.
>
> To me: the HTML archive *is* expendable; /workers/ is not. But that's
> just liek, me opinion, {{,wo}man,...}.

The rfc822 archives are still publicly available via «rsync.zsh.org::».

The bottom line here is that we're waiting for one of the volunteer
admins to find time to handle this.  That's Phil, Oliver, and I.  Help
would be welcome.

Cheers,

Daniel

* Re: zsh-workers HTML archive hasn't updated since 2021/07/14
@ 2021-07-28 12:27     ` Marlon Richert
From: Marlon Richert @ 2021-07-28 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Shahaf; +Cc: zeurkous, Zsh hackers list

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 6:30 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> The bottom line here is that we're waiting for one of the volunteer
> admins to find time to handle this.  That's Phil, Oliver, and I.  Help
> would be welcome.

What kind of help do you need?

* Re: zsh-workers HTML archive hasn't updated since 2021/07/14
@ 2021-08-14 14:15       ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2021-08-14 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marlon Richert; +Cc: zeurkous, Zsh hackers list

Marlon Richert wrote on Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 15:27:32 +0300:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 6:30 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> >
> > The bottom line here is that we're waiting for one of the volunteer
> > admins to find time to handle this.  That's Phil, Oliver, and I.  Help
> > would be welcome.
>
> What kind of help do you need?

First, the archive is up to date again.  Kudos to Oliver.

One low hanging fruit is to get our three lists into third party
archives, such as mail-archive.com, so there'll be a backup if zsh.org
http or email service is down.  I have already emailed mail-archive in
April but I don't seem to have made it past their spam filter.  Anyone
who takes it from here will have our thanks.  The list admins are over
at zsh-infra@ if we are needed.

Thanks, and apologies for the late answer.

Daniel

* RE: zsh-workers HTML archive hasn't updated since 2021/07/14
@ 2021-08-15 14:45         ` zeurkous
From: zeurkous @ 2021-08-15 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Shahaf, Marlon Richert; +Cc: zsh-workers

"Daniel Shahaf" <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> One low hanging fruit is to get our three lists into third party
> archives, such as mail-archive.com, so there'll be a backup if zsh.org
> http or email service is down.

Me's just sent such a request to MARC[0]. Let's hope the response will
be favourable.

        --zeurkous.

[0] https://marc.info/

--